Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This week I'm not putting a title up because this week's topics in class are of a kinda sensitive nature. This week we talked about marital intimacy, infidelity, and making a connection in love. Being single and all I have no personal insights into any of those topics. The discussions in class we're kind of awkward, I'm not gonna lie. If it wasn't bad enough that our teacher started blushing every couple of minutes, the married students weren't sure what to say either. It's not that sex itself is what was making the class awkward but the fact that the single people have no experience and therefore nothing to contribute and the married people weren't sure how to make appropriate comments without getting too graphic. I did learn some interesting things and to be honest most of it made complete sense.
One comment was made ( and has been made several times before) that growing up in the church the young women are told that sex is a bad thing, or as my teachers like to put it, " NO! NO! NO! NO! GO!" No wonder so many women feel guilty on their wedding night. Thinking back to my experiences in Young Women's; I realized that my leaders did an excellent job teaching us about chastity. It was never "don't have sex it's a bad thing" more like "sex is a beautiful wonderful thing, when the time is right". So here's a big thank you to my leaders for instilling in me the importance of waiting until you're married to show you're spouse your love for them. I guess there's a reason it's called making love.
Gotta love those Mormon Weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment